Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Cam'ron On Dipset Reunion: "It's A Wrap"

Photobucket

http://www.defsounds.com/news/Camron_on_dipset_reunion_its_a_wrap

THURSDAY APRIL 9, 2009

Fans awaiting the long rumored Dipset reunion are in for some disappointment. According to the groups former frontman, it's never going to happen.

Rumors of a reunion began circulating after Cam'ron's return to hip hop from an extended hiatus earlier this year.

After announcing the release of his forthcoming LP, Crime Pays, Cam said he a cordial conversation with Jim Jones and that he was open to the idea of a reunion.

"It was cordial," Cam said of the phone call.

"He knew it was me. He said we was gonna holla — maybe we'll put something together. But in the immediate future, I'm just doing Cam.

But you never know what can happen down the line. I called Zeke's phone and I guess Zeke gave Jim the phone to pick up. We just talked, asked about each other's family. He said he's on a promo tour. He'd be back soon. That was that."

That quickly went down the drain however, after Jim Jones denied a conversation ever took place. Cam says that was the final nail in the coffin.

"Basically, to be honest — it's a wrap," Cam tells MTV News.

"I called Jim. Everybody has not been speaking for the past three, four years. It just got in the public. Once the problems get in the public, to me, it can't be fixed."Recently, maybe a month ago, I called Zeke's phone," he added.

"I speak to Jim, I say, 'Cool, B. Maybe we can work some stuff out.' I was really at the point where we could work some stuff out. Maybe three minutes before I did an MTV interview ... we just got off the phone, so I did the interview and said we just got off the phone. Jim gets on the TV or radio, whatever, and be like, 'No, me and Cam didn't speak. I don't know what he's talking about. He's got Alzheimer's.' Then he said, 'We did speak on the phone.' My thing is, why lie about a phone conversation? Why would I lie about a phone call?"

No comments:

Post a Comment